8 DAYS, 9 HOURS AND 6 MINUTES

Saturday, June 20, 2009

and so it begins...

As we flew into San Diego Joana asked me, do we know what we have gotten ourselves into? I said, "No way!" I looked out the window at the desert terrain and wonder, how will our guys feel about handcycling through that? But I am inspired by our motto "Life based on what can be instead of what is." I am excited and nervous about the days ahead, I hope my medical skills go unneeded. I am inspired by our athletes (the standing ovation was over the top), amazed by the scope of this event and the number of teams and crew here in Oceanside. It seems that everything has been thought of, our crew is organized; and it is a phenomenal group! I feel confident that the first 24hrs will produce plenty of stories. Check back soon.