8 DAYS, 9 HOURS AND 6 MINUTES

Sunday, June 14, 2009

MESSAGE FROM PAT.

My wife and I woke up in Barstow , California this morning on our way to Oceanside from Boston . The trip’s been uneventful to this point and a good opportunity to get to know my wife again after so many months of work and training. And yes after 3000 miles together in a van, we’re still married even though a few billboards along the way offered a one day divorce. That’s the upside. On the other hand it’s been a reality check. I wouldn’t say I had underestimated the task at hand but seeing how our rental van got batted around in the winds and how it struggled to climb the hills in the Rockies made me really think about what we’re doing. I was a little torn more than once between how beautiful it was to look at vs. how much it’s going to suck to ride on the way back.

Here’s a couple of shots from the trip… The first is me testing the claims of the folks at 5 Hour Energy Shots. I averaged about 4. I found they work faster when you inject them directly into a vein… The other is just outside of Denver . Not the same route we’ll take back but similar in certain parts. My hat’s off to the folks at Chrysler. I had no idea you could drive a vehicle that long redlining the tachometer. It doesn’t idle so well anymore though and doesn’t shift out of 1st gear but I think it’ll be fine. Besides I paid an extra $24/day “insurance” in case “those” situations arose.

Talk to you soon… Pat